6 Tips for Tech Recruiters: How to Bait IT Pros
November 27, 2018
by JA Castro
It may be a slow time for tech recruitment during this time of the year, but of course — it’s always a must to keep your recruitment skills in tiptop shape. Searching for IT candidates may be quite unpredictable, but you can prepare for those challenging hires with these smart IT recruitment tips:
- Do the grind and research. This goes especially for those who don’t have a tech background. Be thoroughly briefed by the hiring manager; you should be able to identify the right technical and soft skills necessary for the job. Keep a cheat sheet with you if you’re new to the game to make sure you don’t miss out on the important tech keywords.
- Personalize your approach. Have you ever heard of the quote “Different strokes for different folks”? The same applies to recruitment; each IT pro is different and you have to approach them like you would to a friendly yet professional acquaintance. Also, some candidates may be active in only specific online channels or they might be using different email addresses for their applications, etc.
- Know what the candidates want. To increase your chances of hiring your desired IT pro, then you must know what inspires them to work hard. Is it money? Work-life balance? Or is it incentives or other benefits? As we pointed out, different candidates have different needs and you might as well ask them yourself what would make them stay or leave a company to make sure you cover all the bases.
- Go to the right places. When was the last time you went to a seminar, workshop, or a luncheon, or a conference? It’s vital to get out of the office and meet new people. The Philippine IT industry actually provides a lot of opportunities to mingle with peers working in the same field. The more people you know, the better.
- Make the ERP rewarding. Did you know that Employee Referral Programs are super effective? According to studies, employees have higher chances of getting newbies to join the company. It’s like buying a new product — you’re most likely to buy it after a friend or family recommended it to you. So get in touch with your superiors and make sure that your company has an effective and enticing ERP program.
- Review the career page of your company website. Does your website have a careers page? If not, propose that it be up and running ASAP! Like window shopping, candidates like to visit potential companies and review their options. Your career page might include job postings, your company profile, and testimonials for existing employees.
What other recruiting strategies can you think of? Don’t hesitate to apply these tips and get those candidates to sign up with you! However, you can also make your recruiting life easier with ICTjob.ph. Sign with us and get access to the best IT candidates in the country.