In-Demand Tech Jobs: May Edition
May 10, 2017
by AJ Castro
The month of May has finally rolled in and even if the rest of the country is recovering from a series of long weekends, and the weather is at extremes with being too hot and too wet, we’re the only IT job portal that’ll provide you options to fulfill your IT destiny. Check out these fresh openings below:
Application Engineer (Documentum)
The Cambridge University Press, located in Makati City, is looking for an Application Engineer with a minimum job experience of 6 months to 2 years. If you’ve got a Bachelor’s degree, apply now! Here are the other job specifics:
- Day to day provision of second/third line support for technologies that the team owns within agreed SLAs. Out of business hours support may be expected.
- Manage and prepare for the implementation of projects in the operational/support environments including: evaluation, feasibility, technical investigations, pilots, and proof of concepts, training and knowledge transfer to and from other support teams.
- Provide expert advice to help inform Line Management about the technical capabilities of IT products within the operational support environment. Assess the feasibility of proposed projects to ensure appropriateness of solutions and to maintain alignment with the wider technical framework.
- Successful candidates will be expected to participate in a shift rotation to support the main business hours in the UK.
- Ability to produce quality technical documentation and explain technical concepts to customers in plain English. Proactively take ownership of updates to ensure timeliness, depth and breadth of content.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and lines of communication with other IT Teams, third party suppliers and the Business Streams to facilitate effective delivery. The Application Engineer is a key contact for a number of business applications. The role is important to ensure that the key systems operate within service level agreements.
Want to work in Taguig? Good news for you because Infor, one of the world’s largest enterprise solutions provider, has a QA opening up for grabs! If you’ve got 2 to 5 years of experience in the industry, apply now.
- You may need to lead a test program and implement test strategy and approach
- Be familiar in CloudSuite Environment and test using Agile Methodologies with Scrum/Kanban
- Interact with different product owners to gather requirements
- Closely interact with onshore counterpart from US/Sweden
- Verify the quality of the requirements including testability, test design, test-script and test data development, test automation, test environment configuration, test script configuration management and test execution
- Interact with a third-party/subcontractor to establish standards for test automation
- Staying current on latest test approaches, tools, transferring this knowledge to QA team
- Establish self as subject matter expert in modules under Food and Beverage, Fashion, Equipment, Distribution industries
- Become familiar in ERP implementations
- Conduct test-design and test-procedure walkthrough and inspection
- Implementing test-process improvements resulting from lessons learned
- Able to implement traceability matrix
- Contribute to defining test process and test automation standards
- Become a good tester specially catching critical defects via exploratory and formal testing
- Progress Reporting
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Your next big opportunity awaits in MicroSourcing! They need a Senior Technical Support Engineer for their team, and someone who is willing to work in Quezon city. If you’ve got 5 to 10 years of experience, check out the job description below and send your CV!
- Ticket triaging
- Customer system health checks
- Handle customer tickets within the team and complete lower level issues
- Provide second and third level customer support
- Responsible in identifying priority level of tasks
Linux Administrator/DevOps/Platform Engineering
Do you live in or somewhere around Mandaluyong? Save on hours of commuting and try your luck at DRI. You just need less than two years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree to apply. Check out the other details below:
- Own our infrastructure components like server instances in AWS and other cloud services (EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB), application servers in our local offices, web infrastructure and everything in between
- Configure and maintain our web stack applications such as Apache, PHP, memcached, Nginx, etc.
- Quickly diagnose server problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high availability servers
- Write and review scripting code, develop documentation and capacity plans, debug the hardest problems
- Work directly with developers to resolve technical issues
- Share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents together with your team
Data Communications Manager
A big opportunity awaits in Alorica if you’re a Data Communications Manager with at least 5 years of experience (plus points if you’ve got nearly 10)! This job post is open for people who want to work in Taguig. If you want to help Alorica make lives better, create your resume with us!
- Adapts Data Communications plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Interface with clients and/or internal departments to discover, examine, identify, quantify and qualify business needs
- Develop and implement project and conversion plans delivering IT solutions
- Prepare data and process models and perform quality reviews and testing
- Develop, schedule, and implement disaster recovery tests to provide timely recovery of IT infrastructure
- Promote process improvement steps within team (track, set measures, analyze, and outline implementation plan)
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training materials
- May manage vendors and contractors for products and services
- Monitor, manage, and audit support case/project request progress
- Assist with the development and delivery of Postmortem/Root Cause Analysis on both technical and process issues
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Need more job choices from other companies? Want to look for a more specific job post? Explore the ictjob.ph skill matrix tool and get one step closer to your dream job. Whether it’s a sunny day or a rainy day, we’ll be here to provide you with IT job prospects every day. Good luck!