Hand-Picked Tech Jobs: January Edition
April 05, 2017
by AJ Castro
As you say a joyous hello to 2017, you can also say an awesome hi to these hot IT jobs this New Year! Celebrate this new chapter in your life with a new career. We’ve got five hot jobs to help you make use of your IT skills!
Check out our picks for January.
Looking for permanent work in Pasay City? Check out this job post by Royal Caribbean International.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates design and development of business solutions which further specific business strategies.
- Plans, designs, and implements complex functional and technical application and system level designs.
- Defines interdependency with other disciplines and is involved in the testing and certification processes.
- May act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required
- Supports, operates and maintains computer systems and software applications.
- Interprets, refines and applies methods and procedures in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Information Technology industry standards and best practices as defined by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- Remains current with industry trends in order to conceive, prototype and recommend industry standard best practices for IT systems and solutions that meet business needs.
- Able to travel, as necessary, to perform required job duties.
- Able to work late evenings, nights and weekends as needed.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- List the minimum level of education and experience required to perform the work at the entry level of the job.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Master's degree preferred) in area of specialty, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience working with both MSSQL and MYSQL databases.
- Extensive PHP development experience
- Experience with one or more frameworks.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- List specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job related to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities identified above.
- Subject matter expertise in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Able to formulate, communicate and implement technical solutions
- Lead teams and manage project deadlines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision. May lead or direct the work of others
- Demonstrate a degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Pointwest needs your IT skills! If you’re apt in developing iOS and you want to work in Pasig City, click here to apply now!
- Develop iOS client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Handle all deployments to app stores and handle any issues that occur with maintaining the application.
- Collaborate with new product development teams and stakeholders to understand requirements and design specifications
- Design and build mobile applications for the iOS platform
- Work within Agile and Waterfall style software development processes
- Unit test application changes
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field
- 2+ years of iOS application development experience from initial design through application launch
- Full life cycle iPhone and iPad app development experience using Objective-C and SWIFT
- Must have experience building mobile applications with the offline working capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have the potential to lead a project.
- Must be able to perform in a small team environment with minimal supervision
Great news: SGS is looking for a Web Analytics Associate - CSS. If you want to work in Makati, this job’s for you. Check the post now!
- Use of Adobe Dreamweaver, other Adobe applications and other related web development tools is an advantage
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Process oriented
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines
- Technology and Team-spirit oriented
- Solid interpersonal and written communications skills as well as a collaborative approach at all levels
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Should have quantitative and analytical skills with ability to demonstrate interpretation capabilities
- Willingness and ability to build strong working relationships with team members at a global level
- Work confidently with in-house/remote teams, business units, internal/external companies and agencies
- A quick learner, able to grasp new concepts, understand requirements and translate knowledge into practical ability
- Able to follow procedure, manage workload, prioritise and produce high quality results first time
- A strong eye for detail and an appreciation of the bigger picture, understanding the importance of both
- Work to full scope of the role using personal motivation, common sense and a desire for continued improvement
- Excellent command of English (written, speaking)
- Any other additional language, other than Filipino, such as Asian or Latin languages is an advantage.
- Support the following office locations: Geneva HQ, European affiliate offices, Africa/Middle East affiliate offices. Asia and American affiliate offices.
Calling all fresh-grads of computer-related courses! This Makati-based job from Bayview Technologies is for you.
- Collate and categorize issues reported from different departments
- Act as front line for all related issues
- Monitor and analyst current potential and existing issues
- Ensure that all requests and work undertaken is logged and maintained effectively throughout the lifecycle of the incident
- Provide an effective, professional response and solutions to reported issues
- Replicated the occurrence of the issues and document results of all escalations
- Provide management with status reports detailing status and timelines
- Provide 24/7 support coverage for all related escalations
- Prepare solution mappings for Networks team implementation
- Application must possess at least bachelor's Degree in an Computer related field, or someone who has technical background with networks configuration or IT related activities
- Must be willing to work on shifting schedule
- Must have good analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
- Good written and communication skills
- Responsible in terms of monitoring and incident handling
Yondu is looking for someone with 2 to 10 years of work experience in SharePoint. If you want to work in Makati, apply now.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents and tests application changes to ensure high quality deliverables
- Providing expertise and support to end users and other members of the IT support team.
- Evaluate user requirements for changes or enhancements to existing business systems and prepare design recommendations when required.
- Ensure availability and performance of web and SharePoint applications, troubleshoot issues and system bugs and provide direction for work-around, corrections and enhancements.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for all developed objects and processes.
- Support and maintain integration between Data warehouse and SharePoint Document Management System using Windows Control Foundation (WCF) / Service Broker and SharePoint timer jobs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related courses.
- 4+ years of experience with SharePoint and SharePoint Designer
- Taxonomy & Metadata Experience
- MCSD SharePoint
- SharePoint Server, C#, .NET Framework, ADO, HTML, CSS XML, SQL Server, Web Services
- Instrumentation, Exception Handling, Branding
- Security and Administration
- Records Management Module
- Custom Solution Development
That’s ICTJob’s most popular IT jobs for the month! Explore our website and gain first-hand access to the best opportunities in the IT industry.