Title: Sr. TIM Engineer
Department: Technology Infrastructure Management (TIM)
Hours of Operations: Shifting, Weekends, Holidays, OT
The Senior System Engineer (SSE) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
The Senior Systems Engineer also assumes the positon of team lead role and supervises the L1 technical support team.
The Senior Systems Engineer communicates extensively in both oral and written form with internal and external clients, subcontractors and other external parties that are involved with the provision of IT products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the configuration and installation of servers, network equipment desktop PCs and related peripherals for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Manages all system back-up and restore protocol.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Leads and oversee the L1 technical support team
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Cisco Certified or Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft
- Two to three years experience on system/network administration
- Minimum of two years experience in Technical Support Field preferably on a contact center environment
- College graduate, preferably with a degree in Engineering, Electronic Communication Engineering or related courses
- Adept interpersonal communication and possesses excellent command of spoken and written English
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Must have depth knowledge in in Network, System Administration, Desktop and Applications support and troubleshooting
- Possesses a high level of interpersonal and customer service orientation/skills
- Cisco Certified (CCNA/CCNP) or Microsoft\Unix certification is a plus
- Familiarity with or experience in CISCO call manager is a plus