Responsible for the maintenance, installation, and configuration of infrastructure technologies and next generation technologies. May be involved with complex system integration testing and evaluation.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Performs the most complex duties of the technical infrastructure team
- Leads architecture, design, analysis, implementation, and operations of infrastructure
- Develops, recommends, and implements complex infrastructure solutions
- Leads the planning, designing, and execution of testing
- Ensures infrastructure scalability and security within the organization
- Reviews plans to manage the frequency of support package/patch application
- Applies highly developed specialized knowledge and skills in Infrastructure to define improvements for increased reliability and performance
- Evaluates and tests emerging technologies
- Recognized as the most experienced and knowledgeable infrastructure engineer within the organization
- Provides guidance, coaching, and training to other employees within field of infrastructure engineering
- Typically responsible for managing major/complex projects across the enterprise at this level, involving delegation of work and review of infrastructure engineering projects
- Build and provision servers and systems using standard deployment procedures (VRO/VRA) based on project's requirements and design analysis.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Handle code deployments in all environments
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 2 year of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
Requires in-depth level of technical knowledge within a job area and working knowledge of other technical areas
Follow-the-Sun Model experience
Good to have Knowledge in ServiceNow experience
Good to have AWS, Azure, VMWARE support experience
Good to have Knowledgeable in Puppet, Java, Java Script, VRO, VRA
Good to have Knowledgeable in DevOps, Scrum/Kanban and Agile workflow methodologies
Good to have knowledge in Windows and RHEL systems administration and engineering
Good to have Knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Environment comprised of compute, storage, networking and automation.
Good to have Knowledge in VMware automation and orchestration tools.
Good to have Knowledge of all infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS); infrastructure management tools and monitoring tools; solution sizing for hardware/software platforms; industry standard security requirements and designs.
Troubleshooting; installing and repairing PC hardware and software; advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers; applying creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met; advanced information system configuration management
Ability to developing and write technical documentation; evaluate and test emerging technologies.
Key Level Differentiators
Works to achieve operational targets with major impact on the departmental results of infrastructure engineering
Develops and implements projects/assignments for infrastructure engineering
Analyzes and resolves multi-dimensional infrastructure problems using broad and deep infrastructure engineering experience and relationships
Requires outside support to make large decisions within area of direct responsibility