Sprout is looking for a Director of Software Development to provide sound technical leadership in the areas around building a scalable, available, secure and technically sound platform. As the Director of Software Development you are in charge of driving overall success of Sprout's payroll and HR platforms.
You are the primary driver of leadership and collaboration for Sprout's development teams(s), responsible for establishing and enforcing best practices, mentoring developers, guiding development to align with the organization's short and long-term goals and providing insight to your peers in product, project, QA, data science and IT.
As Director of Software development you demonstrate strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of software development as well as successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution skills.
You work with product owners, project managers, QA teams and other technical stakeholders across the business to understand business needs; work with teams to quickly translate those needs into scalable, available and testable software and infrastructure.
- Manage development teams across multiple projects to build and maintain multiple products
- Work with agile team to develop metrics to track, monitor and streamline performance of developers and codebases
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to ensure that the tech team's plan is executed efficiently, effectively and true to vision
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and leadership. Ensure development team receives consistent messaging and has a clear understanding of both short-term and long-term goals.
- Develop technology budgets to enable the formation of world-class teams while promoting fiscal responsibility
QUALIFICATIONS | COMPETENCIES:
- At least 10 years experience in leading enterprise software development processes using Microsoft Technologies (ASP, .NET, C# etc)
- Proven experience as a leader in software development
- Understanding of software best practices, specifically in regards to performance and scalability
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking and analytical, process-oriented mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude