FRONT END DEVELOPER
An experienced Front End Developer takes pride in creating applications that delivers real business value. Taking pride in your work, ownership of technical tasks, clear communication with a team are key attributes for success. The ability to effectively share your knowledge with a development team will lead to increased leadership responsibility.
A great developer can understand and achieve balance between solution delivery, innovation, and what's right for the client by understanding the business vision and helping make appropriate technology choices.
While most of the role will be hands-on coding of front-end requirements, a portion of time will be devoted to working on overall solution design with solution architects and product managers, as well, pairing with developers to support and mentor effective delivery and project outcomes.
A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application. They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers execute.
Key Attributes Include
- Strong problem-solving skills & critical thinking
- Intuitive, proactive and open communicator
- Invested and motivated by team and client success
- Desire for continuous self-improvement
- Thinking and leading strategically
- Outcome and goal motivated
- Crafting pixel perfect Front End UI from initial designs & sketches using front-end technologies
- Contributing to creative brainstorming and providing concepts
- Working across all multimedia platforms, including desktop, web, tablet and mobile
- Working closely with Product Manager & interact with many developers to implement the best user experiences
- Minimum 3 years' professional experience in React or React Native
- Proven knowledge of SCSS & JS
- Solid understanding of single page application (SPA) design patterns
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Solid understanding as well as working experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Good knowledge of CSS Animations, Flexbox, Grid, CSS Variables & SVG manipulation in JS
- Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Wireframe, Prototyping, UX knowledge (as a bonus)
- Past experience in web design/development & portfolio of projects
- Experience with front end tooling (Webpack, NPM, SASS, Gulp is a plus)
- Experience with build and management tools (Git)