iOS software engineers will have a range of responsibilities from shaping and implementing digital products to ensuring that we stay on the leading edge of technology.
Our engineers contribute across the full technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, over native apps, to front end development.
As a Lead Developer you will work in a cross-functional team with the Product Owner, Designers and engineers to co-develop the digital products.
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software and mobile development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client customer and employee experience
- Lead team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Liaise with other teams within the Digital unit to negotiate timelines, deliverables and dependencies
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners and team members to identify and socialise product and delivery risks
- Drive forward and role-model best practice engineering processes and Agile behaviour and ensuring teams members follow suit
- Communicate with business stakeholders about Agile processes to set and manage expectations about delivery methods and timelines
- Own and drive best practice in terms of automation such as continuous integration and deployment
- At least 7 years of software development experience with experience working in Agile teams
- Extensive mobile development experience using iOS, XCode, Swift, Objective C, Fastlane and CocoaPods
- Team & technical leadership experience
- Experience with low level design and creating tasks for team members
- Extensive experience with Git, such as branching, merging, tagging and Pull Requests.
- Experience with mobile CI-CD (Jenkins or similar) and App store deployments, has deployed own apps to the Appstore
- Mobile banking experience is preferred
- Complex UI experience beyond story-boarding by developing UI using code
- Infrastructure knowledge including RESTful APIs, Single Sign On, LDAP, Search Technologies
- Experiences with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security
- Real passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning
- Knowledge of pair programming, continuous integration and test-driven development
- Experience with at least one unit testing framework for iOS
- Familiarity with the concepts of Functional Programming and Microservices is a plus
- Community contributions (e.g., open source work, GitHub, StackOverflow, publishing / speaking on technical ideas) is a plus
- Should be a change agent that always challenges status quo
- Fluent in English