In charge of the day-to-day operations of the data center, business critical hardware infrastructure, and the relevant processes necessary to support end-of-day of stores, including the requisite reports that are needed by the business units. Maintains the operational integrity of the technologies and services provided, planning maintenance windows and minimizing outages.
- Responsible for the activities of IT Operations including data administration, security, change management.
- Manage the nightly end-of-day process, including the generation of the daily/weekly / monthly MSR reports.
- Shall work with the Group IT as well as provide direction to a technical team that supports a complex environment which includes:
- Servers - Power 8 [AS/400], Windows, Linux
- Operating Systems - OS/400, Windows Servers, Linux
- Database Administration - DB2, SQL, MySQL, Linux
- Ensure 24/7 incident response, Incident Root Cause Analysis / Post-Mortems.
- Responsible for defining key operational metrics, develop reporting infrastructure and cadence, and set targets.
- Oversee timely handover of the new services from Applications / Delivery teams to Operations.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Plan and manage the yearly system maintenance schedules.
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of application analysis, design, development, and maintenance experience.
- Must be well versed in computer operations and IT best practices, and has the primary function of leading a team ensuring service availability.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully across all levels of the organization along with excellent written, verbal communication with ability to present, interact and connect with executives, engineers and technical contacts.
- Strong personal desire to improve and expand industry-related knowledge.