We are looking for a seasoned oracle developer who is eager to learn and grow in our application space. This is part of a new Manila based team who will become responsible for a suite of applications working during local business hours. You will learn the source code and implemented design patterns by troubleshooting issues and performing minor enhancements.
The local team works in a collaborative agile environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability.
- Write exceptional PL-SQL / SQL code which is portable and easy to maintain.
- Develop and optimize SQL queries and data base objects.
- Analyze functional needs that drive the design of quality technical solutions.
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems and propose solutions.
- Willing and able to learn new programming tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with development team members to resolve technical database related issues.
- 5-10 years of experience working in Oracle PL/SQL, MS-SQL Server, Autosys.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, using them to resolve technical problems.
- Experience in data extract, migration, queuing, and replication facilities.
- Advanced SQL tuning skills.
- Experience on ETL design and development is a plus.
- Experience on Reporting design and development is a plus.
- Requires familiarity with Financial Services, Asset and/or Investment Management business concepts.
- Independent self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Here's who we're looking for:
You're the type of person who loves developing software. You are someone who focuses on clearly understanding requirements and, with constant motivation to do things right the first time, you are driven to find the simplest designs and implementations. You are an excellent communicator. Besides the fact that you are patient and always clear when speaking, you are equally clear and thoughtful in your written communication.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.