Primary Purpose of the Position
This position is a member of the IT SAP COE, who is responsible for the respective functional area. The incumbent will work in partnership with global & cross functional business/IT teams and take a leadership role on small scale initiatives. This position is responsible for developing and configuring solutions and support functional solutions on global level in an attempt to match the capabilities of the current I/T technology with business needs.
- Provide level II incident resolution in the functional area of support. Document issue resolution for knowledge transfer as appropriate.
- Partner with functional team subject matter experts and business partners to understand documented requirements. Translate detailed requirements into development and / or configuration to meet the business need in the functional area of focus
- Conduct unit and integration testing of new or changed business/technical processes. Develop business/technical cycle tests for use by stakeholder community. Document all process changes and provide knowledge to relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate alternative design approaches to determine best-balanced solution. Best-balanced solution is one that satisfies the immediate stakeholder needs, meets system requirements and facilitates subsequent change.
- Assume leadership role in a small size initiative by playing the key contributor, facilitator or group lead.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business Administration or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 year experience in IT
- 1 year of SAP experience preferred
- Strong knowledge on Visual Basic 6, SQL (Oracle DB), Java, Crystal Reports, Unix, C++
- Knowledge on SAP IT applications preferred
- Ability to understand business processes & needs, and deliver efficient & quality service; Ability to explore and implement new processes and solution design across functions and applications; Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work on night shift preferred, and on flexible working hours as required on special occasions