RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER (SENIOR)
Minionsolutions Inc. is looking for Ruby on Rails Developer for their client in Taguig City.
Minionsolutions Inc. is widely recognized to be among the leading providers of IT solutions and outsourcing services in the Philippines. We cater to a number of highly diverse trades, ranging from modeling companies and entertainment businesses to industrial and multi-national corporations.
Minionsolutions, Inc. was established last 2012 and it is a reliable source of IT staff to top global IT and BPO companies for 3 years and counting. In 2014, we started providing non-IT and executive search service for our clients. We also provide an array of Outsourced services for international clients.
As Ruby on Rails Developer, you are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Intimate understanding and command of our application architectures, data persistence patterns, build pipelines, and business rules.
- Participate in backlog grooming, story-mapping, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospectives for the ad hoc teams assembled around said epics.
- Refine, estimate, and decompose user stories into technical implementation tasks in close collaboration with your peers.
- Create quality documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, and written documentation describing features and functionality.
- Ensure that coded features and functionality meet requirements, including those related to system performance, response, redundancy, security, metrics, and tracking.
- Maintain excellent test coverage for every piece of code you write.
- Participate in Crucible code reviews by offering insightful feedback and direction to your peers.
- Serve as an escalation target for production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; 4 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a lead web application developer with mastery of the common protocols, paradigms, patterns, and expertise in the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5, CSS/LESS/SASS (Bonus points for React or Angular experience)
- RESTful API's
- Crucible, or similar code review and collaboration system
- Git, Gitlab is a plus; Jenkins, Crucible, or similar tool is a plus
- JIRA, or similar ticketing system
- Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Experience deploying and maintaining production applications.