About the role:
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren't. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
What does the Scrum Master do?
We are currently seeking a Scrum Master who is responsible for leadership aspects related to project execution. Utilize a traditional or Agile methodology that encompasses a defined, systematic process for planning, directing, monitoring, adjusting, and controlling the series of related tasks that make up a project/program. Manage multiple projects that make up a program or large-scale project and responsible for the success of the overall project/program. The individual is also responsible to assist in mentoring and coaching in the elements of project execution as well as assist in establishing, implementing standards, processes, and procedures. Responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Serve as scrum team member and facilitator of projects and feature development from inception to closure
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (e.g. Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives and Daily Scrums) and help. teams adhere to the defined goals of each event
- Promote teamwork and culture of accountability, and help guide the team in the effective Agile development and delivery practices
- Help remove or mitigate impediments to team progress
- Leading product development team to ensure successful solution delivery of a large enterprise product
- Execution lead closely partnering with the delivery management, Product Management, Scrum masters and Architect teams of agile release train
- Establish program level cadence and drive program level ceremonies (e.g. PI Planning, PI Demo, Scrum of Scrums, release train retrospectives etc)
- Work with other program leaders to drive the definition and refinement of the program backlog
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to Kanban teams and Scrum Masters
- Ensure cross-value stream coordination and collaboration
- Escalation point for impediments for the Scrum Masters
- All other duties assigned
- PMP and Scrum Master Certifications are a plus.
- A minimum of four years of related project management.
- A minimum of two years of scrum master experience
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Standups, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospectives ceremonies.
- Use Agile metrics to track the Team and Release progress.
- Ability create and manage project and program schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time, within budget delivery of complex projects in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive and work in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at various stages.
- Exceptional ability to present concise and accurate information to team members, staff, peers, customers, management and analytical skills.
- Ability to act as the liaison between users/clients and the project team.
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Skillful negotiator and problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, resulting in on-time delivery.
- Familiar with G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, etc)