About the Position:
The Application Developer Analyst -IT Strategic Support will be responsible for the Global Manufacturing IT Application Support. The incumbent will work in partnership with global & cross functional business/IT teams and take a leadership role on small scale initiatives. This position is responsible also for developing and configuring solutions (including cost benefit analysis) and support functional solutions on global level to match the capabilities of the current I/T technology with business needs.
- Provide level II incident resolution in the area of support. Document issue resolution for knowledge transfer as appropriate. Troubleshoot. Analyze problems, determine best course of action, and develop solutions to problems based upon facts, data and logical assumptions. Perform tasks necessary to ensure data integrity and system stability (20%).
- Keep Global IT Manufacturing System environment up to date by driving and executing Software release and stack upgrades per coordination and agreement with the respective plan guaranteeing no system issues that impact production (20%)
- Partner with functional team subject matter experts and business partners to understand documented requirements. Translate detailed requirements into development and / or configuration to meet the business need in the functional area of focus (30%)
- Provide support for unit and integration testing of new or changed business/technical processes. Develop business/technical cycle tests for use by stakeholder community. Document all process changes and provide knowledge to relevant stakeholders. (10%)
- Configure and implement 3rd party software packages where minimal customization, enhancement and testing will be required for integration into existing infrastructure. (10%)
- Assume leadership role in a small size initiative by playing the key contributor, facilitator or group lead. (10%)
Relevant Technical Skills/Knowledge:
- Ability to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service to the business; works to anticipate, identify and meet end-user needs; drives outward results and ensures high-quality standards are met
- Strong verbal and written communication with strong command of spoken and written English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes.
- Ability to work flexible working hours as needed on special occasions
- Basic knowledge of current Office product suite.
- Knowledgeable of the current information technologies (programming languages) needed to support a specific business process.
- Linux Operating System knowledge
- Database Administration knowledge
Other beneficial skills:
- Database: Oracle (SQL and PLSQL)
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in applying application support/development skills to a specific area of the business preferred.