The Senior UNIX Systems Administrator will be handling highly complex incidents, problem tickets, environment and OS provisioning, configuration and completion of requests from local and on-shore users and related support and project tasks and will be working with the Design and Project teams as needed to determine if Projects/Requests require Standard Stack, New Architecture or New Design.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- At least five years working experience on UNIX or Linux platform (Solaris, AIX, Redhat Linux).
- Ability to write basic/complex shell scripts for systems administration and automation.
- Expert in using systems administration tools, commands, and processes to perform advanced configuration.
- Expert in implementing system security to comply with audit and address vulnerability issues.
- Ability to resolve problem independently.
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results-oriented and willing to work on new technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Customer oriented and possess Can-Do attitude
- Solaris 10/Zone, Redhat, AIX Advance Administration skills
- Installation of UNIX/Linux Operating System (Automated/Non-automated)
- Operating System security hardening.
- Knowledge in infrastructure design concepts and implementation.
- VMWare ESX/vSphere Advance Administration skills
- Expert Shell Scripting (KSH, BASH, PERL etc...).
- Expert skill in Volume Management (LVM, SVM, Storage Foundation etc...)
Preferred but not required:
- Advance skill in HA/Cluster servers (HACMP, Veritas Cluster, Linux Cluster)
- Advance knowledge of networking
- General understanding of storage systems
- Experience in Weblogic or Websphere environment provisioning and deployment.
- Experience in Web Administration (Apache, OHS, IBMHTTP)
- Project Management
- Perform 3rd level support for AIX, Solaris and Linux platforms
- Working with ITAG, Design & Run as needed to determine if Projects/Requests require Standard Stack, New Architecture, or New Design.
- Preparing the UNIX/Linux (Solaris, AIX, SuSE/RedHat Linux) Operating System per design specifications.
- Install or assist with the installation of business applications.
- Provide solutions to highly complex issues/problems.
- Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.
- Write basic/complex shell scripts for systems administration and automation.
- Handle PBI tickets to permanently fix recurring problems and performance issues.
- Support, configuration, and administration of Weblogic/Websphere environments as required by development, vendor, and design teams.
- Provisioning of Application Server and Web Server instances on Weblogic/Websphere environment.
- Maintenance and Support of Application and Web Server instances running on the environment.