Sr. Front-end Developer
We are looking for higly experienced and talented front-end developer to work with our Product Management and Back-end Development teams—rapidly iterating on our ecommerce products to increase conversions and customer happiness.
- Ability to own the development of site tweaks and optimizations, self-driven
- Ability to interpret mockups/wireframes/descriptions and make it into cross-browser, rock-solid
o Hand-coding valid HTML, CSS, and JS
o Proficient understanding of cross-browser and device compatibility issues and ways to work
o Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
o Good understanding of front-end optimization techniques.
o Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, optimize, or perform small
adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop
- Experience with Optimizely or another A/B testing tool a plus
- Experience optimizing site page performance
- Familiarity with Google Analytics tagging a plus
- Discussing technical solutions with product owners and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Rapidly iterating on new changes to the existing websites, using JS, HTML, and CSS
- Developing and testing A/B tests for these changes, working with Product Management to prototype
and release them.
- Ensuring the changes are cross-browser compatible
- Communicating openly and often about status, progress, and setting expectations