SYSTEMS ENGINEER (SERVER/STORAGE)
Atos is looking for Systems Engineer (Server/Storage) which will be based in Pasig City.
Atos' history spans a century, from Fredrik Rosing Bull first creating the tabulating machine to Europe's number one digital services provider.
Every day our 110,000 people in 73 countries are developing and implementing innovative digital solutions that support the business transformation of clients and address the environmental and social challenges we all face.
Atos is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
Our keywords are digital transformation, innovation and value creation, both for our own company and for our clients. We have cemented our position as the trusted partner for our clients' digital transformation, with the resources, the scale and the know-how that our clients need.
The Systems Engineer function is a technical position in Infrastructure department that will primarily handle server and storage. This position supports in-place technologies & technology users via defined procedures. The position will report to the local Philippine Infrastructure Operations Manager and will be part of a team that will be operating on 24X7 schedule and will responsible for providing support various Client IT business functions.
- Managing Microsoft Active Directory and messaging platforms.
- Evaluate and install system upgrades and patches, perform routine maintenance and associated administrative duties
- Management, maintenance, and administration of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices and Storage environments.
- Troubleshooting: Collaborate with IT, Management, users, and vendors to investigate issues.
- Help develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. Exert some influence on overall IT objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Regularly contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Management, maintenance, and support of data storage solutions.
- Performing detailed array/host level SAN performance analysis and recommending solutions to clients. Remediating SAN side performance related issues proactively. This includes remediating issues both in arrays and SAN fabrics Manages the operations of the Enterprise storage solutions (NAS, SAN, and Flash Storage types) and interconnections to attached server or other infrastructure as well as Linux operating systems
- Support environment that includes Windows OS Technologies and various applications.
- Support and integrate our on premise VMWare, Virtualization, Cloud infrastructure and systems with external cloud as needed. Ensure on premise and off premise workloads work well together.
- Implements and provides operational support for Microsoft System Center suite (SCCM, SCOM).
- Install and configure storage arrays and allocate SAN and NAS storage to different OS platforms and/or administer storage pools, file system, snapshots and clones.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Participate in Change Management Procedures as required.
- Possess and further develop understanding of general industry usage of supported technologies.
- Possess and further develop understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
- Develop relationships within the infrastructure team and with supported customers to improve collaboration and teamwork necessary to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Advanced education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields preferred
- 5+ years' experience in design and architecture Windows Server Environment.
- 5+ Years Storage Engineering experience
- 3+ Year experience with VMWare technologies
- 3+ Year experience with Microsoft Server technologies
- Technical Proficiency - Extensive working experience with required technologies and can handle advanced & complex tasks.
- Demonstrable knowledge of storage area networks and backup systems.
- Familiarity with the evolving trends regarding enterprise data storage, management, protection and optimization.
- Experience with storage and networking protocols, including fibre-channel, fibre-channel-over-Ethernet (FCoE), and TCP/IP
- Analytical Abilities - Advanced problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to analyze & resolve cross-platform problems or to develop problem-solving techniques, tools & instruction for new or complex technologies
- Business Knowledge - Strong understanding of how supported technologies are used in the business operations, consistently uses this knowledge effectively in daily support and handling unusual/critical issues
- Communication skills - Strong English verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience; demonstrates effective listening skills; regularly handles difficult customers or situations effectively requiring sensitivity and diplomacy
- Independence - Often works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues
- Process-Oriented - Follows standard processes without making unauthorized and untested changes in the environment; follows standard succession plan for all impacting modifications
- Willing to be on a 24X7 rotating shift schedule.
- Willing to work in Ortigas, Pasig.