As a Senior Front-End Web Developer you'll contribute to the administrative web applications that control our inmate tablets, video visitation stations, phones, and kiosks. The front-end is comprised of compiled JSX and a host of other libraries including Backbone. The back-end is a set of RESTful Ruby-on-Rails API's. At its core lies our robust search engine powered by our Elasticsearch data pipeline.
You're a great fit for our engineering team if you are a leader, self-managed, motivated, passionate about what we do and how you can contribute to it, and constantly on the look-out for better ways to do things. Come join us and turn your talent into technology that changes lives.
- Intimate understanding and command of our application architectures, data persistence patterns, build pipelines, and business rules.
- Participate in backlog grooming, story-mapping, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospectives for the ad hoc teams assembled around said epics.
- Refine, estimate, and decompose user stories into technical implementation tasks in close collaboration with your peers.
- Create quality documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, and written documentation describing features and functionality.
- Ensure that coded features and functionality meet requirements, including those related to system performance, response, redundancy, security, metrics, and tracking.
- Maintain excellent test coverage for every piece of code you write.
- Participate in Crucible code reviews by offering insightful feedback and direction to your peers.
- Serve as an escalation target for production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; 4 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead web application developer with mastery of the common protocols, paradigms, patterns, and expertise in the following technologies:
- React, Backbone, HTML5, CSS/LESS/SASS (Bonus points for Ang ular experience)
- RESTful API's (Bonus points for Ruby on Rails experience)
- Crucible, or similar code review and collaboration system
- Git, Gitlab is a plus; Jenkins, Crucible, or similar tool is a plus
- JIRA, or similar ticketing system
- Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Experience deploying and maintaining production applications.